Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rogue Chipotle Ale

I'm a sucker for spice, so Rogue's Chipotle Ale jumped right out at me. Preparing myself for a barrage of heat, I was shocked to find that the essence of this beer lies in its subtleties. Chipotle Ale is surprisingly smooth and coats the mouth with a slightly smoky and full bodied flavor that leaves the palate with an incredibly mild spice. I found the chipotle flavor to be so subtle, in fact, that I didn't even notice it until my third or fourth sip. However, it's smokiness became more apparent with each subsequent sip. Chipotle Ale is not the novelty beer I was expecting, but rather what I would think to be a fantastic addition to fajita night. It pours with a fluffy head and a beautiful deep golden color. Plus, Rogue suggests mixing it with their Chocolate Stout to create a Mole Black & Tan; definitely something I will strive to make in the future.

Taste: 4.0
Head: 4.0
Refreshment: 2.5

Status:
3.5
Price:
$$
Total Score: 3.75

No comments: