Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kataja Olut


I had tried this Finnish beer at a tasting prior to purchasing. It's obvious now that I had sampled a bit too many beers before trying this one because it is not what I remember. The first thing I noticed upon pouring was its total lack of head. The second thing I noticed was all the shit floating around in it. Observe the image below. The bottle says that it is flavored with juniper branches, and I can't help but think that the branches were never removed. I also do not know what juniper tastes like, but I have to imagine that it is the fruity flavor in this beer that I just cannot place. As I sip, I can feel the beer barrage the top of my mouth and as that fades, a rubbery aftertaste lingers (though not unpleasant). This beer was definitely something different, but I don't think I will be buying it again.

Taste: 2.0
Head: 0
Refreshment:
1.5
Status:
3.5
Price:
$$$
Total Score: 1.5

No comments: